Weekend in Vegas

President's Day weekend we were able to go to Las Vegas for Adam's work. He had to go to the International  Franchise Association's convention at the MGM Grand, and since he was going to be there for 5 days I decided to go with him.

Chinese New Year at the MGM Grand

The Flight to Vegas

We were sitting at our gate waiting to board the plane when we noticed a giant man in a purple Hawaiian shirt, very short shorts and flip flops. He was talking really loud on his phone and telling someone to "stop looking for the snake and get back to the store." Luckily the entertainment didn't have to stop there because, of course, he was sitting next to us. Adam had to lean over in my lap the guy was so big, and he alternated between snoring loudly and talking to Adam about his store in Montana that sells body piercings, guns and riot gear. Good thing it was only a 59 minute flight.

The Room

When we got to the hotel and checked in we noticed the room wasn't all the way clean. There was some hair in the sink EW and the night stand looked sticky. We called  housekeeping right away, and they said they would send someone to take care of the room immediately. We left to dinner and walked around the hotel to give them plenty of time to clean the room. When we got back there was still hair in the sink, and nothing had been cleaned. We were so tired we decided we were going to go to bed and complain in the morning. That was until I pulled the sheets down and there was a stain on the sheets EWWWWWW! I was not okay with that so Adam called again and this time they had a manager call. Not only did they clean the room and change our sheets every day, we got a $200 spa credit for our trouble. The spa was super nice and relaxing, too bad the pedicures were $85 a person.

The Sights

We got to go see and do all the things we usually do in Vegas. We went shopping at the outlets and Caesar's Palace and checked out some of the casinos that were close by. It's kind of hard to find things to do in Vegas for 5 days. We finally decided to go to the aquarium at Mandalay Bay and I am really glad we did. It was pretty short but it had a ton of sharks, a HUGE sea turtle and there was no smoking anywhere!



The Convention

After a couple days together Adam had to go to work. It was kind of crappy to be alone for hours but I am so proud of him! He did so well. He met all of the clients on his list and was able to set meetings with them so it was a successful trip. On the last day of the convention I was able to sneak in :) and see Adam at his booth. We went to the final dinner together and I experienced my first taste of corporate America haha. Definitely not for me but I was happy to be with Adam.

Visiting the Mindshare Booth


It was a pretty fun weekend, but it was nice to get home and back to Hobie. The warm weather was great but apparently we got out of Vegas just in time... there was a shooting on the Strip the morning after we left!

Poor puppy... reunited at last


Glad to be back home, and hoping the next convention is somewhere with a beach!


1 comment:

  1. Aww, sweet Hobie. I bet he was so happy to see you! We are going to Vegas at the end of march I think! You will have to tell me everything exciting you usually do :)

    ReplyDelete