At the end of March
we were supposed to be going to Orlando
Adam had to go for work
and we decided we would make
a little vacation out of it
We had to wait for the other company
to let us know what dates
and since it ended up being so last minute
the tickets were super expensive
Adam decided he would just check
flights to Hawaii to compare prices
because if we were going to spend a lot of money
we should go somewhere with a beach
He put in random dates
and up popped $350 round trip tickets
to Honolulu
And all of the sudden we were
going to Hawaii in 3 weeks
instead of Orlando
I was so nervous
that's a long way to fly with Indie
Everything ended up going smoothly
because we flew through the night
Indie slept the entire time
It truly was paradise
and Indie was so happy
She loved the ocean, the sand, the pool
everything
The only hiccup was when we were coming home
We had to be to the airport at 4 am
Apparently you have to have your bag
checked 45 minutes before take off
(which they don't tell you anywhere except
for a sign right before you check in - a little late for that)
We showed up 5 minutes after our 45 minute mark
and they wouldn't let us on the flight
I was so mad
We had checked out of our hotel room
returned our rental car
had all our luggage, stroller, car seat and baby
and our next flight didn't leave until 10 pm
Thank goodness for Adam
he stayed calm and quickly had
a new car and hotel room for us for the day
After I had a second to relax
an extra day in Hawaii didn't seem so bad
Now here is a ton of pictures
of our adventures in Hawaii...
When we got there
we got upgraded to an ocean view room
for free
Ended the day
with a trip to Pearl Harbor
It was kind of surreal
to think of the things that took place
in that exact spot
We spent quite a bit of time
at Waikiki Beach
since it was across the street from our hotel
Indie loved it because she could sit and stand
in the water without being hit by waves
She looooooved the sand
and can we just take a second
to look at Indie's finger toes in this picture
Is that hair I see??
I swear I had never taken a selfie
before I had a child
now my phone is full of them
which I am extremely embarrassed about
I was a little worried about
how Indie would sleep on vacation
but she would play so much
eventually she would just pass out
Wahoo for successful naps!
See her cutie little thumb tucked under?
That is pretty much how her hands
are permanently and I think it's super cute

At the end of the path was a waterfall
you could swim in
but the water was pretty murky
which just isn't my cup of tea
so Indie and I hung out while Adam swam out to it

We did Waimea Bay
which you can't tell from these pictures
because we spent most of our time
huddled under our umbrella
while it poured
She didn't seem to mind though...
Stopped by Turtle Beach
on our way home from the North Shore
and were lucky enough to see a turtle
We also made it to the Dole Plantation
Indie looooved the train
and the Dole Whip was well worth the drive
We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center
I was a little worried about
how loud some of the shows would be for Indie
but she loved the drums and all the singing
This picture was me trying to catch Indie dancing
She danced and sang and screeched
through most of the performances
it was so funny
She was definitely part of the entertainment
We did spend some time at the pool
which Indie loved
because there were tons of kids to watch
and the water was really warm
It was the perfect vacation
and we are seriously trying to figure out
when we can go back
When we got there
we got upgraded to an ocean view room
for free
I love the selfie stick
I was super embarrassed to use it at first
but it's way better than having to ask someone
26th floor! :o
Started our trip off
with a hike to Monoa Falls
It was so beautiful
definitely one of my favorite
parts of the trip
Ended the day
with a trip to Pearl Harbor
It was kind of surreal
to think of the things that took place
in that exact spot
We spent quite a bit of time
at Waikiki Beach
since it was across the street from our hotel
Indie loved it because she could sit and stand
in the water without being hit by waves
She doesn't look happy in the picture
but she loved her little floaty
she would get her little legs kicking
and just buzz around in the ocean
She looooooved the sand
and can we just take a second
to look at Indie's finger toes in this picture
Is that hair I see??
Hanauma Bay was gorgeous
although a babysitter would have been nice
so we could have snorkeled together
next time...
I swear I had never taken a selfie
before I had a child
now my phone is full of them
which I am extremely embarrassed about
I was a little worried about
how Indie would sleep on vacation
but she would play so much
eventually she would just pass out
Wahoo for successful naps!
See her cutie little thumb tucked under?
That is pretty much how her hands
are permanently and I think it's super cute
We went to the Waimea Valley
which was beautiful
it was a "hike" with a paved path
so you could take strollers

At the end of the path was a waterfall
you could swim in
but the water was pretty murky
which just isn't my cup of tea
so Indie and I hung out while Adam swam out to it

We did Waimea Bay
which you can't tell from these pictures
because we spent most of our time
huddled under our umbrella
while it poured
She didn't seem to mind though...
Stopped by Turtle Beach
on our way home from the North Shore
and were lucky enough to see a turtle
We also made it to the Dole Plantation
Indie looooved the train
and the Dole Whip was well worth the drive
We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center
I was a little worried about
how loud some of the shows would be for Indie
but she loved the drums and all the singing
This picture was me trying to catch Indie dancing
She danced and sang and screeched
through most of the performances
it was so funny
She was definitely part of the entertainment
We did spend some time at the pool
which Indie loved
because there were tons of kids to watch
and the water was really warm
It was the perfect vacation
and we are seriously trying to figure out
when we can go back































ummmm holy moly $350 round trip?!?! next time you find that please call me immediately!! that is amazing!!!!!!!!!! and I love all of those pics :) :) :)
ReplyDelete