For Thanksgiving this year
we went with my family to San Diego
This has been a family tradition for
probably 10ish years
It began when my brother and I started
traveling for soccer tournaments
They have several tournaments in California
and they all start the day after Thanksgiving
People never wanted to go to the tournaments
because most people would miss Thanksgiving at home
So we began the tradition of cooking
Thanksgiving dinner on the beach
Thanksgiving dinner on the beach
It has been a favorite ever since
Every year my mom and Chris will drive
a trailer down with all of the cooking stuff
Then the day before Thanksgiving they go do
all the shopping for food in California
Day of Thanksgiving we get up early to
set out all our gear, save a spot and start cooking
We had everything this year -
vegetables, mashed potatoes, gravy, turkey,
stuffing, rolls, salad, pies and cookies
Sheesh I am bad at taking pictures
but this is my mom and Savannah making
salads in a garbage bag (it's a new bag, I promise)
They just put everything in there and use
the bag to mix it all up
Okay, I don't know how well this picture will work
on my blog but it's a panoramic photo
of everyone at dinner
Guys, we made dinner for 200ish people
200!
![]() |
| It's kind of hard to see but that is the line of people waiting for food behind Savannah |
Indie loved hanging out at the
beach while dinner was cooking
![]() |
| Vamos a la playa! If you can't tell that is what Indie's shirt says |
At the end of dinner we wanted to
get some family pictures
Babies definitely never make it easy
Indie was so wiggly and not in the mood to get pictures taken
And then....
We got a really cute, candid picture
And then...
some random kid who was completely oblivious just
some random kid who was completely oblivious just
happened to be in the background
Not only in the background
but so close to me that I couldn't just
crop him out without losing a lot of the picture
![]() | |
| Not to mention the shadow beard I have but I couldn't get rid of that |
I didn't have my computer so I didn't
have photoshop to try and fix it
but with Adam's help we were able to
cut and paste over him haha
It didn't look perfect but it worked
so I could put my Thanksgiving family photo
on Instagram with the rest of the world
so I could put my Thanksgiving family photo
on Instagram with the rest of the world
![]() |
| not the greatest edit ever but considering what we had to work with this is sort of a miracle |
This year Adam, Indie and I didn't
do any soccer stuff
We spent our days at the beach
and the pool just relaxing
and the pool just relaxing
It was amazing
We did have one incident
Turns out Indie has the skinniest lil bum
and her swimsuit bottoms were too big
How did I find this out?
After I pulled her out of her car seat
and she had peed
It ran out of her bottoms and covered
her entire car seat
Luckily I brought a different swim
diaper that worked out
![]() |
| probably peeing right now as she stares at me |
Now here's a bunch of pictures
of Indie on vacation
And the sun hat-
I swear it was the exact same color
as the swim suit when I bought it online
It was a perfect little getaway
I am already looking forward to the next one
I am already looking forward to the next one























I cannot handle Her cuteness!!! I'm so happy we got to play today!!!!
ReplyDelete