Last time I wrote I promised a surprise, which has been ruined since I decided to wait another 3 months to write this post. For those of you who don't know... we bought a house!!! After what felt like forever we were able to move in at the end of August. We were lucky to get such a great house.
Everything with the house happened so quickly. We found a house on Holladay Blvd that was decent upstairs but it had the creepiest basement. The appeal of the house was the yard. It had a .35 acre lot with a 3 tiers, but it was completely overgrown. The night we were trying to decide if we wanted to put in an offer, Adam found our house. It is a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom home in East Millcreek and is in muuuuch better shape with a waaaay better basement. On top of it all, it had a .36 acre yard that was in perfect condition. We were in love. The next day we put in an offer and two and a half months later we moved in.
We are working on updating the house and I will post some of our projects on the blog. Here are some pictures of how the house looked when we moved in.
 |
these pictures are from the inspection and aren't great but I will post
more as we finish projects :) |
 |
| our garden |
 |
| front yard |
 |
we don't have a garage yet but we do have this awesome
6 foot tall car port that adam can barely walk under |
 |
| this will be the basement bathroom complete with a shower |
 |
| one day this will be the coziest basement/best hang out/movie room |
 |
downstairs bedroom... what you can't see is that the left wall is actually
a princess mural w/a castle, rapunzel and belle |
 |
| our master bath! complete with a jet tub and the smallest toilet ever |
 |
| master bedroom |
 |
| second room upstairs |
 |
front room - the windows above the fireplace are my favorite -
a better picture will come soon |
Like I mentioned earlier these aren't the greatest pictures but I will post more as we finish working on each room. The dining room and the laundry room are what we are currently working on and I will post those pics soon! (I hope)
Suuuper cool!! I know I have been to your house many a time, but those pictures were still so exciting!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYay! You blogged!
ReplyDeleteWhere is your cute house? It is adorable!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! It is in East Millcreek, just up the road from Evergreen Jr. High. Did you guys just move??
Delete